Everything CADD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Autocad 2004

5 posters

Go down

Autocad 2004 Empty Autocad 2004

Post by tuller Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:31 am

New to the forum and still use 2000 but I have 2004. In 2004 I can't select but one object at a time. I had this problem before with it in 2004 but can't remember what I did to correct it. Help please Very Happy Very Happy
tuller
tuller
tuller

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-12-02

Back to top Go down

Autocad 2004 Empty Re: Autocad 2004

Post by jimithing Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:33 am

try either pickfirst, or pickadd

jimithing
First Founding member

Number of posts : 400
Registration date : 2008-11-07

http://www.myspace.com\jimithing73

Back to top Go down

Post by Alan Cullen Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:28 am

PICKADD is the variable animal you want...set it to 1
Alan Cullen
Alan Cullen
Forum Pioneer

Number of posts : 534
Registration date : 2008-11-13

Back to top Go down

Post by jimithing Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:41 am

right

jimithing
First Founding member

Back to top Go down

Post by Grape Dude Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:43 am

tuller wrote:New to the forum and still use 2000 but I have 2004. In 2004 I can't select but one object at a time. I had this problem before with it in 2004 but can't remember what I did to correct it. Help please Very Happy Very Happy
tuller

Check this out:
go to options...selection tab...make sure the following boxes are checked. This worked for me when this happened.
make sure to check;

NOUN/VERB SELECTION
IMPLIED WINDOWING &
OBJECT GROUPING Very Happy
Grape Dude
Grape Dude
Forum Pioneer

Number of posts : 173

Back to top Go down

Post by tuller Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:28 pm

Thanks guys for your fast response. I went to Options and Selections Grade Dude and everything is checked correctly.
I remember doing the PICKADD 1 the first time and not wanting to sound like the D**A** that I am I can't remember where I fixed it before.
The only time I use 2004 is when I have to use 2004. The drafting I do in my business 2000 serves me well and I'm getting to old to learn "other stuffs"... lately. Very Happy

tuller
tuller
tuller

Back to top Go down

Post by jimithing Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:00 pm

Well the good thing Tuller, is that there really isnt alot of difference between the acads, just new features that they added along with new commands.  Until you get to acad 2008 and 2009 where instead of having program parameters (pgp) you have cui files, but having a new version wont hurt you. But if you like 2000, thats cool too.

jimithing
First Founding member

Back to top Go down

Post by Grape Dude Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:17 am

tuller wrote:Thanks guys for your fast response. I went to Options and Selections Grade Dude and everything is checked correctly.
I remember doing the PICKADD 1 the first time and not wanting to sound like the D**A** that I am I can't remember where I fixed it before.
The only time I use 2004 is when I have to use 2004. The drafting I do in my business 2000 serves me well and I'm getting to old to learn "other stuffs"... lately. Very Happy

tuller

See, there's that word again..."Change" and "I don't want to".
Try that times 10!

PS JIMI: Love that AVATAR. Keep em comin' Very Happy
Grape Dude
Grape Dude
Forum Pioneer

Number of posts : 173

Back to top Go down

Post by Rickard5 Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:15 am

tuller wrote:............The only time I use 2004 is when I have to use 2004. The drafting I do in my business 2000 serves me well and I'm getting to old to learn "other stuffs"... lately. Very Happy

tuller
I fully support that view Tuller, I Personally Draw IN 2000 AND 2002, I have had to upgrade to 2007 for one machine,due to a DUMB ASS Repair guy "Upgrading my Waterjet, with out Permission. but I think I'll be using 2000 and 2002 as long as I can because it serves my needs and there is no learning curves Smile Also I refuse to pay Autopest any more blood money for annual upgrades that only make me less productive, and unlike most Acad People, Those upgrades come right out of my Pocket !
Rickard5
Rickard5
Admin

Number of posts : 814

Back to top Go down

Post by Alan Cullen Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:23 am

well said boss
Alan Cullen
Alan Cullen
Forum Pioneer

Number of posts : 534

Back to top Go down

Post by tuller Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:19 pm

Ok guys, the Pick Add 1 worked and I thank you for your help. I'm like you Rickard5 I see no reason to upgrade 2000 as long as it works for me. I don't have the time to get into a new learning curve just to have a newer model. The only reason I have 2004 is because one of my customers has it and thinks a line drawn in 2000 is different from one being drawn in 2004. So I do his drawings in 2004 and mail them to him
I got several buddies that use 2000, one uses Lt 98, another R14.
I still use a DJ-430 Plotter, Photoshop 5.5, Coreldraw9 and Office 2000.
They work for me so I keep using them and not have to drop the cash out for all the new bells and whistles.
I have no problems with people doing the upgrades if that's what they want or have to do. I just don't have to have them.
Ok guys, once again I thank you for the help and will probably return for more help.
Happy Holidays to all and have a safe one.

Tuller
tuller
tuller

Back to top Go down

Post by Rickard5 Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:01 am

Tuller I''m interested, What ya drawing? I'm a FAB SHOP and CNC Guy so 2000 is just fine unless you're as dumb as My Brother=in-law and buy the Calypso Water Jet, and let them in your shop! but After that last episode I Doubt they'll ever be back!
Rickard5
Rickard5
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tuller Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:19 pm

I do architectural designs, home and office, kitchen & bath cbinetry and furniture...so you can imagine just how busy I am not.
I was looking in a bookcase this morning and I found two Autocads I had forgotten about. One of them is Autocad LT for Students on floppy disk, don't remember when or why I bought it so it must have sho nuff been awhile back and takes at least 16 megs of ram, still in the box and never been used or registered.
The other is LT98 still in the box and never registered. Those probably called antiques to some guys. Very Happy
Just having some dry humor on a rainy day folks.
Hey Rickard5, I think I woulld have had with your borther in law with what my adopted daughter from a foreign country calls...may I have a serious conference with you dad? Very Happy
Have a good day guys and girls.
Tuller
tuller
tuller

Back to top Go down

Post by Rickard5 Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:50 pm

tuller wrote:Hey Rickard5, I think I woulld have had with your borther in law with what my adopted daughter from a foreign country calls...may I have a serious conference with you dad? Very Happy

Well Tuller, you being from GA might know what a rednek is , Now imagine a Rednek that had to install LT2007, now Imagine that same Rednek, with a Snap-On Taco cart full of tools in reach after the service guy SAID "The new Cam update only works with 2007 and above files, I know ytour machine shipped with LT 2007 so you'll have to just use it" then after 30 min of screaming at this guys boss we get to the root of the matter "Calypso no longer supports that version of their software", but it's ok "You have LT 2007, so no problem, just in stall it and use it". So many threats latter, and Calypso being here in Dallas they came out and fixed it! So yea we had a "serious conference" as I was making my way down the stairs to the water jet to disassemble it to get our $180K Back as I was going to ram it up some one's @$$. even though we were forced to buy 2007 I REFUSE TO USE IT ! if I had my way I'd be still using R9 in Dos Speaking of which what versions did you say you had, I might be interested in buying the older versions, if I don't have them Smile
Rickard5
Rickard5
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tuller Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:27 am

Now I sho be a redneck and a hillbilly too, you know, dumber than old dirt according to all these tourist that come here to spend their money Very Happy on their vacations and weekend outings. But,they don't hesitate to have me design and build their kitchens and furniture..at my price not what they think a dumb hillbilly should charge. Very Happy
I still got our original ac along with some of the older versions not in an organized place. I also have Russian wife so she organize things like any good wife does..whereever she thinks it ought to go so I do like all other loving hubby's should do...ok sweetie that sho is a good place for it. Very Happy. I'll check and see just what I have.
tuller
tuller

Back to top Go down

Post by Rickard5 Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:32 pm

tuller wrote:Now I sho be a redneck and a hillbilly too, you know, dumber than old dirt according to all these tourist that come here to spend their money Very Happy on their vacations and weekend outings. But,they don't hesitate to have me design and build their kitchens and furniture..at my price not what they think a dumb hillbilly should charge. Very Happy

Gee Tuller
sounds like Ya All got a bad case of the Yankee, I Feel your pain, We here have a Serious infestation of Yankees and Kalphornians. The all flock here where they figured out they can build 3 times the house for 1/2 as much and they do, then they expect to get NY or Kaliphornia Prices for them, and then tell us how we gona live! Like this new Bull c r a p No Smoking law our DIRTY YANKEE Mayor got passed here in town. We got this cafe, the old men have been meeting at for 50 years, Every morning you can count on seeing these guys about 5:30 having breakfast, coffee and Talking Cattle prices, and making deals. Been like that for 50 years same owner, and every one of them old men smoke, so old bill smith the owner of the cafe has built an out building for them to meet in, any how city council decided that weren't leagle, but the local sheriff done decided that would be just fine, You want to face down 40 - 50 Ranchers with guns over your silly liberal law ? it always amaises me that the Yankees think we shouldn't charge them more for stuff, when they come down here and buy up our land and houses to build there CRAP MAnsions and charge us NY prices to live in them. Right now we got a problem that my folks have to pay 2 taxes due to the city annexing part of their land, because Yankee Devolopers want to build out their way, and their teying to force my folks to go to city water and city septic, and Pull up that 2 year old $20k septic system. and they want them to take down one of the wind mills that is now in Town! so because of the f-'ing yakees My folks are ate up with lawyers and They may have to sell out part or all of their land ! and I'd loose the Plot, I've been dreaming of building on some day! Just remember Tuller Kudzu was something a f-'ing low life Yankee came up with to punnish the south!
Rickard5
Rickard5
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down