Everything CADD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Autodesk Certification

4 posters

Go down

Autodesk Certification Empty Autodesk Certification

Post by Mitch Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:01 pm

Is anybody here Autocad Certified ?
Do you feel being certified increases your job oppurtunities and pay scale?
Mitch
Mitch
Forum Pioneer

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2008-11-13

Back to top Go down

Autodesk Certification Empty Re: Autodesk Certification

Post by Alan Cullen Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:25 pm

nope, nope...and nope.
Alan Cullen
Alan Cullen
Forum Pioneer

Number of posts : 534

Back to top Go down

Post by Rickard5 Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:53 pm

Mitch wrote:Is anybody here Autocad Certified ?
Do you feel being certified increases your job opportunities and pay scale?
I'm not "Autodesk "Certified"", but I can tell you from IT point of view, when I was doing network engineering and mgt., Having My Novell CNE and my Sun Solution Provider Certifications, really did help my opportunities! One thing have a certification does is it Speaks Volumes about you as an employee! Much like I never learned nothing in Collage, but Collage is this wonderful institution, that is there to teach you one Thing "HOW TO PLAY THE f-'ing GAME!" And Much like a degree, a Certification say's "I'm a team player, I can and do work hard to achieve Goals, I have something of a clue how Autocad works! and It says I expect to be a top player in my Chosen Profession! so all I can say is in the IT world YES Certifications are an important part of making or braking a career, but now in my semi retirement, I let my Work speak for it's self! The combination of the 2 can be the hottest thing going!
Rickard5
Rickard5
Admin

Number of posts : 814
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by architech Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:00 pm

My two pennies...

I feel the Certifications give you a BIGGER foot in the door when going after a job. Smile

Getting the "certification" while employed --- hmmm--- depends on the boss, i guess.

If you're a slacker and you get it... well... you just might've saved your job... you might just change your poor image in the eyes of others...

If you're a top dog... then the certification only confirms it and most likely is just another one of your accomplishments... and you're getting your raises and accolades based on your abilities and accomplishments as a whole and not one individual act... such as a degree or certification...
architech
architech
Admin

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

Post by Mitch Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:35 am

Ok, so i'll answer my own post here,
I feel that if your get your certification early in your career then I can see how it would be beneficial to you later on. Once you get alot of mileage behind you like alot of us in here have i think its pointless because if you are already in mid-career, you are probably making a decent paycheck, and your boss doesn't wont to pay anymore than what fair market value is. So for all the Newbies, if you want a career in designing then get Certified. For us Burnouts, get it also, it just shows that you really know your stuff. I know that Autodesk has been coming out with new releases every year, but don't let that deter you from getting it.
Mitch
Mitch
Forum Pioneer

Number of posts : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by Rickard5 Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:04 am

Hey Mitch, being a more Mechanical (not HVAC) / Commercial Illustration Draftsman, I Maintain for a young guy getting in the field and even for us old buggers looking for new opportunities, Maintaining a KNOCKOUT Portfolio is essential! After that the Accreditations, can help you move to the head of the pack, but like when I got my Novell CNE it's almost useless today, as I am Certified in Novell v2.0a and 3.11. if you get certified, you have to use it before it runs out of shelf life or upgrade it with time! But like I say Now for me personaly when I Meet with a client and I open up my Portfolio my work does all the talking, and I believe how you present your work is more important than the work it's self, and that's why I Sweat over the presentation of my work, Like I made Laser etched Acrylic Presentation Binders for my Portfoilo!
Rickard5
Rickard5
Admin

Number of posts : 814

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down