Everything CADD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How about some R13 Questions!

2 posters

Go down

How about some R13 Questions! Empty How about some R13 Questions!

Post by Old Sparky Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:57 pm

Beyond my Civil 3D credentials, I claim perhaps one of the longest continuous tenures using the dreaded r13 release affraid that anyone will admit to. In fact, I still have my copy of it installed and operational on my home computer.

Old Sparky
Forum Pioneer

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-11-13

Back to top Go down

How about some R13 Questions! Empty Re: How about some R13 Questions!

Post by Rickard5 Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:04 pm

Welcome Brother I still have an old P90 laptop with R12 with AME and 13 still on it, just for nastolgia reasons, I am looking for a copy of Pre R9 to put on a $5 486 SX sub notebook, for carrying around w/o fear of killing the notebook Smile
Rickard5
Rickard5
Admin

Number of posts : 814
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Sparky Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:51 pm

In a crate somewhere in my garage is an old 486 that can triple boot Windows 98, DOS 6.22 and some flavor of RedHat Linux. My old r12 with EDSC (old EaglePoint) still runs fine on that thru either Windows or DOS. It is really awesome to watch R13 and EaglePoint fire up on a modern machine. Even my home box that is a bit long in the tooth (AMD 1800+ and only 1GB memory with 32mb of on board video ram) will load 13 almost instantly. Back when I was using it regular, it was often 30 to 45 seconds to a command prompt.

Old Sparky
Forum Pioneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Rickard5 Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:41 pm

You know Sparky I still have a Full version of 12 AME for dos, you're inspiring me to build A Fast (1.something GHZ) Dos box and see how fast 12 Runs Smile I'm a huge believer in the question of why did we ever leave dos ? If I wanted to play video games I'd buy a play station. But then I guess %99.99999 of the world is too stupid to learn to type a few commands Smile imagine Acad 2002 running in pure dos :)that can take advantage of a gig of ram and a modren video card! Newer is never better
Rickard5
Rickard5
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Sparky Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:03 pm

You might not even have to do a special build just to find out. Have you considered something like dosBox?
http://sourceforge.net/projects/dosbox
It seems to be mainly for game but you might get the CAD to run in it too.

Old Sparky
Forum Pioneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Rickard5 Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:08 pm

Well Sparky I'm looking at we would call the "Just Old useless Crap", that 10 years ago would have Amazed us, and wondering why it's just sitting there taking up space in the closet! when ever I go though this stuff I remember how much it cst and how good it was when I got it Smile so I can't make my self throw it away Smile like my Apple //e
Rickard5
Rickard5
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Sparky Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:31 pm

I understand . . . beyond the crate hiding my old 486 (my very first build job) there is at least 3 times that much scattered in various boxes and piles including two or three working computers that just won't run the modern stuff I need to use very day. I even have the motherboard to my original CompuADD 386sx. I am thinking that if I ever wind up with my own office that I can decorate as I choose, I will pull all the circuit boards, clean them up to look brand new and seal coat them in something. I could easily decorate at least one wall with all that stuff.

Old Sparky
Forum Pioneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum